In previous years, FRC 6328 has 5 in-house FLL teams with 40 students. We normally run an in-person training program for new and returning members over the summer to prepare for the upcoming fall season. With the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to still offer a hands-on learning program but we had to adapt to a new remote learning environment. We are sharing the curriculum we developed in conjunction with the Bolton MA FLL teams in the hopes that others may find it useful.
- Each Thursday, a new challenge is released to team members and their parents.
- The challenge each week will include 4 parts:
- Robot building (either with a kit or in Virtual Robotics Toolkit [VRT])
- Robot programming (either with a kit or in VRT)
- Core values worksheet & challenge
- Project component
- The students will have until the following Wednesday evening each week to complete all 4 parts of the challenge.
- Each weekly challenge will have an accompanying worksheet to go along with it. The worksheets will guide the students through the challenges and provide helpful hints and technical knowledge along the way.
- FRC 6328 students will serve as student coaches/TA’s or mentors-in-training for the program
- Currently have 10 students (all FLL alumni) as student coaches and ~20 additional students serving as mentors-in-training to assist.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLL Virtual Training Curriculum
VRT Resource Guides